Artifact, the Dota 2 card game, launched in 2018. 3 years later, the game turns completely free as Valve decides to give up and stop updating the game.
Artifact now features two games: Artifact Classic, the original Dota 2 trading card game, and Artifact Foundry, a special edition with streamlined gameplay, new cards, new single-player content, and an improved new player experience.
- The game is free for everyone to play.
- All players get every card for free. You will no longer be able to buy card packs.
- Paid players’ existing cards have been converted into special Collector’s Edition versions, which will remain marketable. Marketplace integration has been removed from the game.
- Paid event tickets have been removed.
- Customers who paid for the game will still earn packs of Collector’s Edition cards for playing; players who got the game for free will not.
Get Artifact Classic and Artifact Foundry for free at Steam.
Want more free PC games? Follow us on Twitter, Facebook or Steam to get a notification of future free game giveaways.
To see what other free games we wrote about, check out the Freebies category.
I’ll pass on Artifact 😀
Royal Defense Free at Indiegala
Too many people already passed on Artifact, that’s why it’s dead now 🙂
The game Crappy Games Wiki wiki page hasn’t been updated for a while, so, maybe someone can update it now?