Dear Esther is one of the most original first-person games of recent years. Get this PC game for free on Steam until February 16th 2022 at 4 PM CET.
ABOUT THE GAME:
‘A deserted island… a lost man… memories of a fatal crash… a book written by a dying explorer.’
Dear Esther immerses you in a stunningly realised world, a remote and desolate island somewhere in the outer Hebrides. As you step forwards, a voice begins to read fragments of a letter: ‘Dear Esther…’ – and so begins a journey through one of the most original first-person games of recent years.
Abandoning traditional gameplay for a pure story-driven experience, Dear Esther fuses its beautiful environments with a breathtaking soundtrack to tell a powerful story of love, loss, guilt and redemption.
- Every play-through a unique experience, with randomly generated audio, visuals and events.
- Explore incredible environments that fully immerse you in the haunting island and its mysterious past.
- A poetic, semi-randomised story like you’ve never experienced in a game before.
- Stunning soundtrack composed by Jessica Curry, featuring world-class musicians.
- An uncompromisingly inventive game delivered to the highest AAA standards.
Dear Esther: Landmark Edition has been remade with the Unity engine, featuring a full audio remaster, and the addition of a brand-new Directors’ Commentary mode, allowing players to explore the island and learn what inspired the game and how it was crafted by The Chinese Room and Rob Briscoe.
Dear Esther: Landmark Edition’s normal price is $9.99 but you can get it for free on Steam today and keep it forever! Read on to see how to:
HOW TO GET THIS PC GAME FOR FREE:
Just head over to Steam or navigate to the game in the Steam launcher before February 16th 2022, add the game to your cart and checkout. Simple as that. After that, the game is yours to keep, and play, forever.
To see what other free games we wrote about, check out the Freebies category.