The Humble Book Bundle: Game Studies by MIT Press just launched on Monday, April 9 at 11 a.m. Pacific time!
Get titles like How Games Move Us: Emotion by Design, Super Power, Spoony Bards, and Silverware: The Super Nintendo Entertainment System, and Developer’s Dilemma: The Secret World of Videogame Creators. Plus, bundle purchases will support Worldreader!
- Play Between Worlds: Exploring Online Game Culture – T.L. Taylor
- A Casual Revolution: Reinventing Video Games and Their Players – Jesper Juul
- Uncertainty in Games – Greg Costikyan
- Play Matters – Miguel Sicart
- The Art of Failure: An Essay on the Pain of Playing Video Games – Jesper Juul
- Values at Play in Digital Games – Mary Flanagan and Helen Nissenbaum
- Works of Game: On the Aesthetics of Games and Art – John Sharp
- Digital Culture, Play, and Identity: A World of Warcraft® Reader – Hilde G. Corneliussen and Jill Walker Rettberg
- Critical Play: Radical Game Design – Mary Flanagan
- The Well-Played Game: A Player’s Philosophy – Bernard De Koven
- The Warcraft Civilization: Social Science in a Virtual World – William Sims Bainbridge
- Super Power, Spoony Bards, and Silverware: The Super Nintendo Entertainment System – Dominic Arsenault
- How Games Move Us: Emotion by Design – Katherine Isbister
- I Am Error: The Nintendo Family Computer / Entertainment System Platform – Nathan Altice
- Codename Revolution: The Nintendo Wii Platform – Steven E. Jones and George K. Thiruvathukal
- Communities of Play: Emergent Cultures in Multiplayer Games and Virtual Worlds – Celia Pearce
- Developer’s Dilemma: The Secret World of Videogame Creators – Casey O’Donnell
- Atari Age: The Emergence of Video Games in America – Michael Z. Newman
Pay what you want. All together, these books would cost over $400. At Humble Bundle, you choose the price and increase your contribution to upgrade your bundle! This bundle has a minimum $1 purchase.
The Humble Book Bundle: Game Studies by MIT Press will be available to buy at Humble Bundle until April 23rd 2018
These books are available in PDF, ePUB, and MOBI formats, meaning you can read them anywhere at any time.