One of free games this week at Epic is Ironcast: Puzzlequest meets FTL in this Steampunk Victorian era roguelite. Ironcast for free at Epic Games Store until 5 PM CET Thursday, July 15th 2021
ABOUT THE GAME:
Inspired by Victorian era science fiction writers such as H.G. Wells and Jules Verne, Ironcast is set in an exciting alternative history; a time when refined men and women in top hats and bonnets commanded gigantic walking war machines, laying waste to the enemies of the British Empire! Take control of a 7 meter tall walking vehicle called an Ironcast and face off against an invading force of enemy Ironcast in order to defend 1880’s Victorian England.
- Turn based strategy combat set against a rich and interesting alternate 1880’s history.
- Roguelite campaign mode where death is permanent but with persistent rewards from one game session to the next. Drive back the invading forces and press forth for victory!
- Hand painted art style.
- Inspired by the steampunk genre and Victorian science fiction.
- Loot new technology and upgrade abilities from the wrecks of fallen enemies.
- Customise your Ironcast with a range of unique weapons and defensive systems. Over 50 different unlockable items will ensure an almost limitless number of combinations.
- Passive Augmentations allow players to modify their Ironcast’s weapons and abilities.
- For PC, Mac and Linux.
Ironcast has Mostly Positive reviews and it will be available for free at Epic Games Store until July 15th 2021. It’s usual price is $12.99.
HOW TO GET IRONCAST FOR FREE:
Just head over to Epic Games Store or navigate to the game in their launcher before July 15th 2021, add the game to your cart and checkout. Simple as that. After that, the game is yours to keep, and play, forever.
Make sure to check in next Thursday for the next Epic Games Store freebies!
To see what other free games we wrote about, check out the Freebies category.