Steam Key Giveaway: Memories of a Vagabond
Grab a free Steam key for Memories of a Vagabond only from IndieGala! In this indie RPG you play as a young mercenary and travel from soul to soul to avenge your fiance and her family. This game was created with RPG Maker.
The Developers says:
In this turn based RPG for Windows you play as a young mercenary and travel from soul to soul to avenge your fiance and her family. While finding a way to change the flow of past events, you will encounter many obstacles and meet new allies. Will you be brave enough?
This game aims to revive nostalgic moments for good old RPG fanatics (such as Chrono Trigger, Final Fantasy 3…). Our game has no game over screen; once the hero dies, his soul is sent to the underworld, to meet the Soul Giver. At this point, it is possible to re-embody a new body (therefore several choices of classes: Warrior, Assassin, Mage, Hunter …). In addition, once a character masters a technique, it is learned permanently in the mind of the hero. It is therefore possible to transfer a warrior’s ability to a magician. This leads toward interesting gameplay combinations.
The Community says:
Few words about the game
Memories of a Vagabond may not be the best one RPG availiable on market but for sure is one of the most interesing ones around. You play the role of a young guy, whose soon-to-be wife was kidnapped and your quest is to rescue her with help of allies you met on the way. Cliché, I know. One thing that surpriced me was uniqe idea of “dying” and switching between souls, really liked that one. For me, it was quite enjoyable ride, especially that in past I used to play one RPG after another so it brings back memories. Good times man, good times. Overally, could be better, feels like devs tried to test as many ideas of games as they could in one game. But still, cool, little RPG worth it’s price tag.
- Easy to learn mechanics of fighting and crafting
- Enjoyable gameplay itself, grinding is not necessary to complete game, bunch of side quests
- Suprisingly good soundtrack for game on RPG Maker engine
- Unique idea of being soul that is able to change bodies (classes) after death
- Short, took me about 3 hours to finish, including most of side quests and bit of grind
- Main theme of game is really overused and not really desirable, makes players sigh every time it shows up around
- Quite simple, alot of potential is left out. No stats, no detailed items nor characters
- Dialogues from time to time feels like they’ve been written on a really childish standard
|7.5 / 10|
-Mardo, the Unicorn Hunter